GIS & Desktop Mapping
We deliver high quality, cost-effective spatial data capture services ideally suited to Local and State Government, Utilities and private industry.
We deliver cost-effective GIS and Desktop Mapping services to local and state government departments, various utilities and the private sector.
RapidMap is focused on producing quality GIS services in a wide range of applications. We deliver cost-effective GIS and Desktop Mapping services to local and state government departments, various utilities and the private sector.
We operate across multiple platforms including MapInfo, ArcGIS and AutoCAD. We can also provide deliverables in various digital formats and hard copy.
Our desktop mapping services utilise data from a variety of sources to produce a result customised according to our client’s wishes. Data creation and manipulation techniques include digitizing from aerial photography, spatial analysis, data cleansing, data analysis and thematic mapping.
A few examples of What we do.
GIS services for Pavement Management.
- Creation of linked polygons or polylines for existing description based road segments
- Spatialise existing PMS inventory data
- Creation of road centreline graphics
- Digitising kerbs and road edges to create road pavement polygons and traffic treatments
GIS services for Asset Management.
- Creation of roadside assets
- Creation of road and park surface polygons
- Mapping of sporting facilities
- Mapping of footpath networks
- Mapping of shared trail and bicycle trails
GIS and Desktop Mapping services for Environmental projects.
- Contaminated site rehabilitation
- Soil testing and bore hole maps
- Ground water contamination
- Wetlands management plans
GIS and Desktop Mapping services for Farming
- Paddock boundary maps
- Soil sampling and chemical application plans
- Yield analysis plans
GIS and Desktop Mapping services for Timber Farm development
- Dimension and lease plans
- Compartment plans (management units) within the farm for new and existing planting
- Remnant species mapping
- Land productivity plans including soil type/condition
- Development of woodlot plans (investment lots)
- Terrain modelling for irrigation planning
GIS and Desktop Mapping services for Fire Management
- Active fire plans and situation reports
- Integration of GPS logged data
- Data preparation for Coronial Inquests and Royal Commissions
- Post fire damage mapping
“…RapidMap’s proven methodology and built-in QC ensured the data was of the highest quality and saved us a great deal of money.”
PAUL LENNOX – GIS & Data Systems Co-ordinator – Bass Coast Shire Council.
We have an extensive list of case studies and Client Testimonials.